Drupal is one of the leading open source content management platform that powers millions of websites and applications. With Drupal web design and development it is possible to create all kind of websites, be it for startups or established businesses, personal blogging, amateur photographers and writers to showcase their works etc. its versatility in being able to support such a varied user needs is its biggest advantage. It has had over 15 million downloads and is an established CMS in the leagues of WordPress and Joomla.
Drupal website development is all about utilizing Drupal’s core modules and advantages to create a unique website that can provide an outstanding user experience. Drupal website design and development employs user centric approach and extensive research to understand the audience and goals of a website. This helps the developers to design
- intuitive navigation,
- optimal usability and
- target based websites.
Drupal software is written in PHP language that makes it easy to publish, manage and organize a wide variety of content on a website. It supports the latest technologies that the web has to offer, that makes a cutting-edge platform for developers to power an endless variety of sites.
What makes Drupal CMS a better choice:
- Drupal is the most flexible CMS for unique business needs.
- It has a great level of scalability for the site to grow and customize with ease.
- It has over 180,000 community contributors, as they work on bug fixes, support, new features, integrations etc.
- It has well determined and a clear product road map.
- Drupal CMS development dominates the major market as some major companies using Drupal, are Intel, Yahoo, NASA, AOL, Harvard University, Thomson Reuters, World Economic Forum, Warner Brothers, many more.
- Drupal CMS is a programming interface that is built with the help of nodes, core and contributed modules.
Drupal Nodes are of content and functionality, that stores blog post, article, static page, poll and forum topic. It is flexible and accommodates all kinds of configurations of content, allowing the site builders to create customized content types.
Drupal Core is sets of themes and modules designed to provide a base for deploying Drupal websites. The components include,
- User profiles
- Basic search
- OpenID support
- Site administration
- layout customization
- Descriptive URLs
- Multi-site support
- Account registration and maintenance
- Multi-user content creation and editing
- Security and new release update notification
- Various access control restrictions, and many more
- Caching and feature throttling for improved performance
Drupal Contrib Modules are a set of vast collection of add-ons. With over 10,500 Drupla contrib modules available, it offers the largest collection of features to incorporate into the site. The array of features are,
- spam prevention
- file management
- user management
- content access control
- third party integration
- user access and authentication
media and much more.
The other interface is Drupal Themes that determine the look and feel of the websites. Drupal Community the world largest open source community. They come together online at groups.drupal.org and offline at DrupalCon to organize and collaborate on projects.
Drupal help the developers to create many new and customized user interface functionality without programming. It is very simple and easy to execute along with various options for customization to improve website without relying on a Drupal CMS service provide. Drupal offers lower total cost of ownership along with shorter development time, less dependence on service providers and lower maintenance costs. The advantages of Drupal website development are;
- Free and Open Source software
- Vibrant and Large community of user and developers
- A platform for rapid website assembly
- Freely extensible
- Flexible Architecture
- Structuring and Managing Content
- Open to your branding
- Based on Standards
- Superior Security
- Flexible in deployment
Drupal CMS is a fantastic software that supports image gallery, networking, content management, file uploads & downloads, collaborative authoring, newsletters, podcasts, and more. Drupal software can be adopted in Web sites, Forums, E-commerce Sites, Blogs, Portals, Document Libraries, Social Networking Sites, Intranets, Resource Directories, and many more.