Every one wonders what is a test case? Why its so important?
A Test Case is a set of pre define conditions or variables under which used to determine the application, software or its features is working properly according to originally design and it will be examine by the Tester.
The mechanism that describes the application or software has passed or failed by test, this kind of mechanism is called as oracle test. Test case often describe as test scripts. The collection of scripts called as test suites.
Importance of Test Cases
First of all we need to prepare the test case, the preparation of test cases steps are as follows,
Understand the FSD (Functional Specification Document) this was created after SRS (Software Requirements Specification Document). The information in FSD should have related reference to SRS.
Then break the requirements into small requirements
Then create Test Cases, for each requirement. Using that we can decide what kind of technique to use the functions of the applications.
For example we may say Basis Path Test Approach
Steps To be Followed
- Use the design
- Then use code as foundation
- Draw flow graph according to functions
- Derive the Cyclomatic Complexity, for the flow graph
- Set independent paths
- Prepare test cases that will execution of each path.
- Then set Test Point and Test Approach
- List down some main Test Points
- Identify the Test Scenarios
- Identify the Test Cases
- Identify the Test Data
- Define Test Objectives for each Test Scenarios
- Identify the Platform
- Identify the Environment
- Write down steps for Test Cases
- Identify the Expected Result
- Identify the Severity/Priority
- Include Traceability Matrix