Opensource technologies have come a long way in the last decade. Almost every business software requirement has an open source offering which includes learning management systems as well. eLearning has evolved over the years and users across the world are adopting to the elearning environment more and more. DNeers has been specializing in offering open source platforms for educational institutions and corporate’s that adopt online learning within their organization.
Advantages of open-source LMS:
LMS (Learning Management System) / eLearning CMS is a highly complex system with multiple user level and several modules with highly complex functionalities.
- Open Source LMS are evolving platforms that are updated and made available for FREE.
- Forums and blogs that guide developers to easily access information for development purposes.
- The LMS system is absolutely owned and the source code will remain under your control, there are no licenses or agreements that need to be purchased.
- Ability to make changes that can exactly fit your business requirement than making process changes based on the purchased system.
- Abundant availability of resources for open source technologies like PHP and Java.
Cloud Based eLearning CMS – Learning Management Systems:
- Due to the increased use of mobile technologies by the younger generations, anytime anywhere access is a must. Having a cloud elearning environment will definitely help the users.
- The content creators are wide spread within institutions or organization or spread across the world. A cloud CMS can help in uploading and accessing the software easier.
- Maintaining an infrastructure to manage an internally hosted learning management system can prove to be costly and challenging which can be easily avoided by embracing a cloud learning management system.
Common eLearning CMS / LMS modules:
eLearning is growing by the day and especially influenced by mobile and tablet penetration. There are several must have modules in a learning management system and it also can be customized or custom modules can be developed based on your specific needs. Here are few most used modules of an eLearning Software (CMS).
Learning Management Systems can be used by:
- Training Companies
- Education Consultants