Migration is often considered a tricky task and if not done right can have an adverse affect on the site as a whole. Emerging technologies have made it possible for a website migration to be carried out in a manner in which site traffic does not go down. The most complicated types of migration is that of sites which contain a lot of data, for example ecommerce sites. There are a huge number of processes involved in the migration of a WordPress website to a Magento platform.
The DNeers team has worked with a lot of WordPress to Magento migrations and we have compiled an ingenious step by step migration process which encompasses all aspects avoiding unnecessary pitfalls.
Here are the technical steps involved in the migration of WordPress websites to a Magento platform:
- Install and configure the Magento setup in the server.
- Login to the admin panel of the WordPress website and create the same user roles in the Magento backend.
- Design the Lay-out and extra Magento features like search, products view, shopping cart etc as per the client requirement.
- Create pages & posts in Magento website and copy the content from the existing wordpress site manually.
- Create Header, Menu, Logo, Slider & Footer manually.
- Products Export – We will export the products along with its description, categories, size/quantity, price into an excel by logging in the backend of the WordPress website and the excel sheet will be converted into Magento format. We will download the images of the products from WordPress and the same will be converted into Magento folder structure.
Both the excel sheet and images will be uploaded by logging in to backend and FTP respectively.
We can move bulk products and its details (categories, orders) using product export plug-in.
- Configure shipping method and shipping fee manually.
- Integration of Payment method and payment gateway as per customer requirement.
- All the additional features like newsletter subscription, enquiry form, live chat, social streams etc available in WordPress can also be adopted in Magento.
- Magento features like Product filters, extensive search option can also be added in the website as per customer requirement.
- Testing on both design and functionality in the Magento website.
Thus the migration process from WordPress to Magento is done!
Magento is a highly preferred ecommerce platform. The overall user friendly experience and the wide range of plugins available make it very efficient.
Our Phased Migration approach at DNeers has been highly successful and if you would like help with your migration process feel free to reach out to our experts and they will provide a free consultation.